Re: Bidule (was Re: AW: Laptop Looping)

At 6:34 PM +0200 8/23/07, Per Boysen wrote:
>>>Just curious: what are you trying to implement that is beyond
>>>Live's routing?
>>
>>controlling switching auxes pre/post with a MIDI controller comes tom
>>mind...
>
>Also mathematical processing or signals. These signals may be audio,
>MIDI or pure data. Users of Max are well aware of the strength of
>having these tools at hand. Oh... and something I have great use for
>in Bidule is to let an envelope follower direct processing; usually
>to change assorted VST effect parameters according to how hard I
>phrase a note.

Eeep!  Waitasecond, before this goes off and turns into "let's list
how Bidule kicks Live's butt".

I was wondering what situation MidiFriedChicken -- someone just
starting with *laptop* live looping -- was getting into here at the
very beginning that already outstripped Live's capabilities.

I've got Bidule, and love it.  I know it's a more flexible program.
But for many live looping apps, Live is quite flexible enough,
especially when first putting together a basic setup.

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."