.o.t. READING

 This book has been so enjoyable and informative about the
fascinating history of the rise of the personal computer that
I'm reading just a little bit a night to really soak it in.

Markoff, John.
What the Doormouse Said:
How the 60s Counterculture Shaped the Personal Computer.

Viking Adult. April 21, 2005, 336 pages.

Also,   I read it a few months back but
Ashley Kahn's brilliant book Kind of Blue: The Making of the Miles Davis
Masterpiece
 and the things that led to
it's innovation in Miles Davis's career and the whole time period is my
favorite book I've ever read on the subject of music.   Hands down.  I
just
loved it.

I went out and bought the remastered version of this, the biggest seller
in
all jazz history and listened to each track as they were described.

Though it goes in depth into how each track was made and recorded,  it is
really the philosophical,
aethetic and historical takes that made this book wonderful.

If you don't want to read about the minutae (in itself, fascinating to me)
then do yourself the favor
and read just the first chapters that lead up to that information.

This is a great thread, by the way......................I know it's off
topic, but I fucking love you guys and gals and how fascinating and
diverse
you all are!!!!!

rick walker