Re: o.t. READING

On Aug 22, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Michael Peters wrote:

> Michael Swanwick, Stations of the Tide (incredible stuff,
> mindblowingly
> creative SF

I agree, definitely great stuff.
Nice to see so many sci fi readers.

I have been re-reading the Galactic Center series by Gregory Benford.
I recommend starting with book 3 - Great Sky River - the books get
progressively wonderfully weird from there. Then go back and read the
first 2 books as prequels.

Wheelers by Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen

Also Echo Burning,  one of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. Sort
of offbeat procedural mystery thrillers that read quickly, excellent
for summer and airports.

regards

BobC

http://tinyurl.com/yt8f8j