Re: RC-2 : First impressions / comparison RC-50

I wrote a simple VST host a few years ago and if I remember correctly, the VST spec has provisions  for accessing the name and values of each parameter without going through the UI. So, theoretically, a host on a PDA or whatever could display the param name and the value with way to change the value.  I can imagine some fx or synths that have a LOT of params would be a major pain in the ass to work with.  But no worse than some of the rack fx or synths that have a teeny tiny little LCD screen.  The big issue would be real time control.  Then you are back to having an FCB or some other USB (assuming your PDA has USB) or Bluetooth controller.  I think someone posted a link on here to a WII controller interface for MIDI control, now that might be interesting...

Tony