Re: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim - Preamps

----- Original Message ----- > On 28 aug 2007, at 15.49, Krispen Hartung wrote:

>> But the Firwire has to convert the audio from my computer back into
>> analog and send to the output, right?
>
> Oh shit... you got me there, Kris! ;-)  I was too fast and confused
> DA with AD. I stand corrected waiting for permission to crawl back
> under my rock....

But you were half right. :)  And your comment is well taken.   Check out the VF1 specs for AD/DA, sampling, and dynamic range.

AD Conversion
24 bit 64 times Oversampling ΔΣModulation
DA Conversion
24 bit 128 times Oversampling ΔΣModulation
Sampling Frequency
44.1 kHz
Program Memories
400: 200 (User) + 200 (Preset)
Nominal Input Level
GUITAR INPUT Jack: -20 dBu
INPUT Jack L (MONO)/R: -20 dBu, +4 dBu
Input Impedance
GUITAR INPUT Jack: 1 MINPUT Jack L (MONO)/R: 20 k ohms
kNominal Output Level
OUTPUT Jack L (MONO)/R: -20 dBu, +4 dBu
Output Impedance
OUTPUT Jack L (MONO)/R: 1 k ohms