Re: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

Since the subject of film came up...

I rented the documentary film: "Fog of War" which is a long and candid
interview with Robert McNamara.  The documentary is very
thought-provoking and I highly recommend the film.  (The film was made
in 2004.)

However, the reason I mention this film is that it has an awesome
soundtrack -- much of the music by Philip Glass.  As loopers we all
have an interest in musical repitition.  From the simple repeating
patterns emerges intense emotion that well-supports that words and
images of the film.  The music is not particularly dissonant and at
times is strangely beautiful and melancholy.

I just discovered that the soundtrack album is available on Amazon so
I ordered it. :)

While the music is not looped (in the sense of electronic looping) I
think it has many qualities that would translate into the looping
medium.

-- Kevin