RE: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

At 5:34 PM +0200 8/28/07, Michael Peters wrote:
>About films - who knows films that contain logical loops or at least
>repetitions as a main ingredient? The one that comes to my mind
>immediately
>is Groundhog Day of course.

There's a SF short film from 1990 called "12:01 PM" (
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098962/ ).  It's a serious treatment of
the time loop theme, starring Kurtwood Smith (most popularly, Red
Foreman from "That 70's Show"; but an excellent character actor in
his own right).

I think it's funny that the description lists this film as "similar
in plot to Groundhog Day" when it preceded Groundhog Day by 3 years.
In fact, when I first saw "Groundhog Day", I kept expecting to hear
of a lawsuit from the creative team behind "12:01 PM", but nothing
ever materialized.

There's another more recent film with a time/logical loop theme
that's nagging at the edge of my conciousness, but I can't bring it
up right now.  For the moment, I'll throw out "The Butterfly Effect",
with Ashton Kutcher.  Nice idea, but I'm not certain how well the
execution works on that one.  A bit muddled, IIRC.

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of