Promotion and sympathetic reviews

Well I hope this is on topic!

I have a new CD out. Cohort records is financing this release, so I
feel an obligation to give it support and make it worth their while.
It's been a while since I've tried to promote my music--I used to send
my stuff to Op, if that gives you some idea.

It's my magnum opus of looping titled "More of the Same" and
originally released about 10 years ago. While I used the Echoplex
digital pro, it's more akin to LaMonte Young than Andre LaFosse. It
starts as a slowly evolving arc, first just looping the soft sounds of
the open guitar strings (It was composed for a performance at the
music gallery in Toronto, and I liked the idea of just standing there
for a minute holding my guitar and letting the sounds that result from
minute movements build up in a loop). It builds into a wall of guitar
noise built around (somewhat) bluesy guitar soloing. There's an
algorithmic percussion accompaniment I wrote in max supporting the
guitar, as well as some interludes of looped violin scraping and a
algorithmically deconstructed hip-hop loop that also used max.
Obviously not a recipe for financial success : ) Never-the-less, I'm
quite proud of it and feel it's the best work I've done.

This new release has some new recent material on a "bonus" cd using
mobius and elottronix xl. If that sounds like something you'd want to
listen to and you have a forum where you'd be interested in reviewing
this release or suggestions for sympathetic reviewers I'd be very
interested. Thanks!

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net