Re: [Netiquette] Use this delete button...

yes,  but if I don't have the original message, as a non-digest reader, I have no clue what the context is.  And we all know what happens when folks quote out of context.  I'm not promoting not trimming posts down here (I'm supporting the band wagon in this case, actually)...I do it frequently, but also consciously choose to leave full prior text as well in some other posts, if I deem it important for the read to have access to understand the gist of my post.

But Rick put is well that it is not black and white.

Kris