From: Chris D'Errico [mailto:clderrico@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:53 AM
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: problem w/live looping using mic

> i separate out my live sound from the looped sound and send the house> 3
inputs (loops L&R, and the cello). this allows them to turn your> live
sound
up, without turning up the loops and vice versa.>

Thanks for your input, Zoe-- all good points. I'm not sure how I'd separate
the sound in my case, though. My set-up is rather simple (which is good for
me!): I use one single mike to sing live through & to do loops through. No
house mic (PA mic), & so the sound is all mixed together into one channel.
That also helps to prevent feedback-- no other live mic hanging out there
in
front of me. Also my looper is a simple one (Akai Headrush), don't know how
I'd separate the sound with that. But I guess the bottom line is that I
need
to do whatever possible to make sure the least amount of sound leaks into
my
mic during loop recording. Unfortunately, that can be a very difficult
task.

By the way, I checked out your website & you're amazing.

My latest "project" is called "Sidewalk Beggar", a humble undertaking
considering your accomplishments.

Chris D.
Las Vegas, Nevada
More photos; more messages; more whatever - Get MORE with Windows LiveT
HotmailR. NOW with 5GB storage.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migratio
n_HM_mini_5G_0907