Re: OT: Found sounds, contact mic recommendation

Howdy,

 You might want to try epoxying th string to the
center of a small, decent quality speaker. with the
proper tension on the string,the speaker could
generate some kool signals. notethat I have never
tried this, but always used rat-shack peizos. mabe
epoxying the string to the center of the peizo. So
many possiblilities. i have used the rat shack 273-064
for everything from pianos, harps, fiddles, mandolins,
to tower bracing cables, industrial machine surfaces,
engine blocks,heads etc. Probably the best was when I
took 2 homemade celtic harps out front during a windy
day, put a peizo on the bass and treble end of each
soundboard and 4 tracked it all while the wind was
blowing through the strings. I have 16 22 minute
cassettes of this to stack up on multitrack to make a
VERY ethereal piece of muzik. It ought to be very
mesmerizing if I ever get around to finishing the
project.
Rig