Re: little boxes (was survey)

At 4:36 PM -0700 10/2/07, info at zoekeating wrote:

>- using a software looper to control a hardware looper. the audio is
>recorded onto a hardware-looping device but all the controls are
>sent from the software looper....
>
>i'd love to know if anyone else does this. both electrix and bill
>walker have told me i might be the only one but i don't believe that
>at all.
>i want my sub-group dammit!

I'd actually be surprised to find out that you were alone in using
that configuration.  While not so common -- not to mention somewhat
advanced -- it sounds like something that would really be of interest
to a few of the regular posters (Rainer? Per?).

Personally, I *might* fit into that category with my L2k7
configuration, if you count Ableton as a piece of looping software.
I've dropped software looping from that config entirely (simplify,
simplify, simplify) and I'm now mostly using the computer as a big
plug-in host, with a few MIDI functions fired off to the Looperlative
from Live's Clips or Arpeggiator.  Dunno if that really counts,
though.

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of