Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper

Hi Per & all

the hints are really good. Seems like constantly tapping the BPM to catch
up is not the wisest thing?

Let's look at these advices from the RC50 perpective:

> 1) On the EDP you can always hit Record to erase everything and start
> a new loop and the second time you hit Record (or any alternative
> ending) you're in a new loop that is syncing to the new "acoustic"
> tempo.
With extra pedals, I can do that quite easily, since I have 3 loops
available to switch back and forth.

> 2) I also keep one button to instantly retrigger the loop ("stutter").
Just figured out, that I can do that also in SINGLE MODE on the RC50, by
pressing the Phrase pedal. That's really sweet!! :-)) I do get to use the
single mode after all...

> 3) I the group tempo changes while I'm working a floating,
> rhythmic, loop I might simply go Multiply-Record to cut it down to a
> duration that loops in synk.
I get the idea. Currently, it "almost" works. I just can't get the damn
thing to "multiply-record" without quantizing to initial loop tempo.

So, overall, the "stutter" function seems to help a lot. If I don't get
tired stepping on the pedal on every count of "one". I can even keep the
loop running with the wrong tempo and still start on time (assuming the
group get's faster).

I had another trick in mind, but I don't know if it works:
Sort of slowing down, speeding up the loop until you are in sync with the
group. Don't know if you just need practice to get there or if it is too
difficult.

Was really surprised that Mobius doesn't play all these tricks..

Thanks
Buzap