RE: Ending actions by Record in Mobius (Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper)

> > What are the artifacts, are they audio artifacts in the Mobius loop
or
> > is it that the sync being sent to the plugins is wrong so the
plugins
> > don't respond to the tempo change accurately?

> Hm... I think it is mostly about latency compensating. Sometimes
> audio drops out from the loop after doing Overdub.

So you're hearing an audio glitch in the Mobius loop when output
sync is enabled and you do Multiply/Record and sometimes just
a simple Overdub?  Thanks I can look into that.

Glitches after Overdub are most often caused by a low
setting for the global parameter "Drift Resync Frames".
This defaults to 256 which is actually way too low, it
should be around 4096.  When this is too low even the
slightest amount of clock drift will cause Mobius to
"skip" as it tries to match the clock.  There is always
clock jitter but it tends to cancel itself over time.
On one play of the loop you may be 300 frames ahead of
the clock, then next you will be -180 frames behind,
the next 295 ahead, etc.  If Drift Resync Frames
is too low this jitter will cause Mobius to retrigger
all the time when it should just be ignored.

Multiply/Record is much more complicated because the
tempo and a lot of other internal sync state changes.
Glitches here are usually caused by bugs.

Thanks for the info,
Jeff