Re: WG: Reply-to setting

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:
> For me, the only reason to use Reply-to is when I'm writing from an email
> account but want replies to go to another account (e.g. writing from work
> and wanting the replies sent to my private email address).
>
>       Rainer

I can confirm this (I run email services for my web hosting customers).
No need to set a reply address unless you need to use a different
address to receive replies than your Mail From address.

Thanks for changing that setting Krispen. I didn't notice yesterday when
my message went to you instead of the list. Also thanks for reposting
the relevant part.

As for the list software, I don't know why it doesn't already do this,
but I think that it should replace any existing Reply-to: header with
the list address. Not doing so is a hassle and the software should be
able to do that. Of course that doesn't mean that it actually has that
feature (I don't know), I just think that it should.

Sorry for the Off Topic nature of this post. Hopefully now that we
understand a little better we can avoid this problem. BTW, I still
wonder what AW means in a subject line, and also this email has WG: in
the subject. What does that mean?

Peace,
- Sam