Re: How many loopers does Boss sell?

It kinda goes back to the "you get what you pay for"
thing, sort of, I mean it's as I said before, figure
out what feature sets you need, buy the looper that
fits that bill and figure out what it's limitations
are and how to work within them and how to break out
of them.  so, instead of ranting about which looper is
better, just go with it, I mean I'm still looking for
a device that'll play my guitar for me so I don't have
to.
--- Paul Richards <paulrichard_rocks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> (LP1 can import and export loops, should that be
> your wish, from a laptop or an IP assignable network
> drive (I gather, it's not something i've ever done,
> or thus far had any inclination to do) and also has
> feedback control, mappable independent volume and
> feedback for each of the channels etc. etc. etc.
> It's versatile. The RC-50 COULD have been a great
> looper.) blah, blah...
>
>   The RC-50 is $499. The LP-1 is how much???
> $1,200.00? The EDP is $1000 w/o controlling pedal.
> Seems like the RC-50 is a pretty good value to me
> for 5 big ones.
>
> Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:
>   >>>>I gotta disagree. The RC-50, while flawed, can
> be a wonderful thing. Its features are more geared
> to a specific type of looping. Not yours, but I've
> used it with great results with other musicians. It
> seems to be more of an ensemble device. For
> instance, I occasionally perform with a bassist and
> drummer. I import percussion loops so the drummer
> can play in sync. Adding parts as we play, we get
> some impressive jams that sound way more interesting
> then a plain trio. The LP1, EDP, DL4 cannot do this,
> at least not without a laptop.  So, it may not be
> your cup of tea, but it works great for some
> people.<<<<
>
>   That's great that it works for you, and that
> you've found a feature that works. Seriously, that's
> great. However, within those flaws are way way way
> too many things missing or poorly implemented for
> them to get away with calling it the 'Ultimate
> Looper'. The LP1 can import and export loops, should
> that be your wish, from a laptop or an IP assignable
> network drive (I gather, it's not something i've
> ever done, or thus far had any inclination to do)
> and also has feedback control, mappable independent
> volume and feedback for each of the channels etc.
> etc. etc. It's versatile. The RC-50 COULD have been
> a great looper, if they'd just got the feature set
> right. I'm not saying it's unusable - clearly it's
> usable or no-one would've bought them - but the
> feature set still points decidedly in the direction
> of it being a step-time loop builder and practice
> tool, rather than a versatile expressive tool suited
> to many different kinds of looping.
>

>   But if you've found the looper for you in the
> RC-50, I have no intention or inclination to disavow
> you of that wonderful discovery, and I'm sure my
> ranting about it would have little impact anyway,
> given that you're happily gigging away. All good,
> nothing bad,
>

>   cheers
>
>       Steve
>   www.stevelawson.net - site
>   www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop
>   http://steve.anthropiccollective.org - blog
>   www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson

> Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight?
> Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC