Re: On vs off topic -and- irritating people...

Just a reminder of what initially kicked off this discussion, since
no one have so far mentioned that in this new thread. It was about
making life a little easier for those who struggle with a digest
version of the list. In the digest version many letters are baked
into one super letter, which means the user can not use normal e-mail
filtering. Especially problematic for digest reading is when someone
quotes way too much and out of context.

But people, please don't stop quoting now! Intelligent quoting makes
reading a lot easier and is generally regarded as good mailing list
manners. When replying, you should keep just as much of the old text
needed for a new reader to get the background to your own reply. Drag
with mouse button held down to mark text that you want to quote, hit
Reply, type something and finally hit Send.

Thank you, Travis, for posting the list rules to the list. It just
dawned on me that I have never seen those on the list and that's bad.
Most lists have an automatic function that posts the general list
rules once a month to the list, just as a reminder.

The "mysterious LDOT list" is not associated with this list in any
way other than that it was crated as a private initiative by a member
of this list and that some more members of this list is subscribing
to it. I personally use it to post things like guitar amp reviews,
funny stories or whatever not looping oriented. As for Cara's wish of
having it all on this list I would like to suggest a way to make that
happen in your own praxis; simply subscribe to the other list and set
you mail application to dump those mails into the same box as the LD
list. You don't even have to know to which list a single message
belongs - hit reply and it goes back through the same "list channel"
where it came in.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)