Re: vortex

On Oct 12, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Goddard, Duncan wrote:

> the lack of midi-control has rather put me off trying to integrate
> mine into a larger setup; it requires one's face-time to get the
> best out of
> it & can't really be behind the player in a rack.

Different strokes for different folks.

The above "drawbacks" are of no real concern to me, personally.  I
suppose that is based on how I personally create, too.
But, I can also completely understand why Duncan states what he does.
Makes sense coming  from his angle.

I have had 2 Vortex units for quite awhile now and love 'em.
Seemingly endless possibilities to do what they were designed to do.
Not sure why Alesis decided to stop manufacturing and selling them as
quickly as they did, since they are still sought after, even today.
But, that's one of the all-too-familiar-now mystery experiences in
the music biz. :-)

I picked up my 2nd Vortex last year for a mere $56 (w/ power adapter,
as well) at a used gear shop here in Portland,OR. Works great.
My original one I bought ages ago, soon after they first came out and
never regretted that decision. It still works just as good as new today.
For those that are interested in doing so, I REVcommend getting one
these wonderful devices.

-Rev. Fever