Gordius Midi Pedal - first impressions

Hi all,
I am receiving some mails asking me to send some comments about the
footcontroller from Gordius, knowing that I have received one a few
weeks ago.
I am replying  here on LD so that it maybe can be of some use for more
of you.

1st: I payed in full for my Gordius controller - so don't be afraid my
words might be deviating from the real experience, plus I would never
send bad informations on any list, imagine on the one I am partecipating
since so many years ;-)

The project is smart because it is putting together so many things that
have never been available all together in the same footcontroller, but
for you to check about it you just need to download the manual and the
new editor, so let's go to having it under your feet:

-switches: they are silent. They are not as the Edp ones and they are a
type I have never seen before in musical instruments. When I say they
are silent I mean I can use them when recording in a silent and desert
big church together with acoustic instruments and microphones everywhere.

-spacing between buttons: I don't have my Edps anymore so I can't check
how distant were the switches of the footcontroller, anyway I feel very
comfortable with them. Consider that, when compared to other
looper-friendly pedals I own like the Pmc 10 and the Midiwizard, the
fact that with the Gordus you have buttons instead of bigger print
switches is allowing me not to play bare feet anymore.

-switches orientation - the first and second row: Before receiving my
unit I was afraid it could be a problem but I have found it isn't. There
is no risk to push the upper switch and the other one, especially if you
are standing ( I play almost all time sitting).

-editor: very good work indeed. Not just because the guy managed to put
in all the ideas I was dreaming for but also because it seems to be very
reliable and practical. I would like it to be a little simpler but that
is a thing that crashes against the versatility I am asking for and that
I need.

-the company: Xavier has been very kind, more than you would usually
expect from a supplier. This is because he maybe doesn't do what he does
for profit but for passion ( Jeff ? you have infected another one !), he
is very responsive to all suggestions and shows a clean and very open
mind ( VERY unusal thing from most producers). He is clearly well
documented about Midi, the other controllers available and electronics.

What would I change of it ?
-The size: it is 2 cm wider than the size allowed to be brought in cabin.

What would I add to it ?
-Mains or Usb power.

I am happy to have bought it.
This is all.