Re: y2k7 mp3s

On 28 okt 2007, at 22.21, Qua Veda wrote:

> I agree with Ted on Experiment#1.   #1 sounds similar to the live
> audience
> experience - perhaps depending on where you were sitting in the
> room in
> relation to the PA spkrs.
>
> #2 sounds like a 'different mic placement' that has been enhanced
> with some
> effects, and not as much like the live audience experience (IMO -
> but then
> who else's O would it be ;-)
>
> And Thanks! For reminding me how wonderful Henry Kaiser's
> performance was -
> and for those who were not able to attend Y2K7 - this was being
> played in
> front of an amazing! Video Henry shot underwater for freakin' alien
> looking
> landscape and critters that live there - amazing!!
>
> -Qua

I also prefer the recording Friday #1 for #2 of Kaiser's material.
Lately I have heroically exposed myself to a recording of Henry's gig
I carried out with my cell phone, in mono and with crappy fidelity.
*This sounds so much better!

I also downloaded the 2 mic recoding of my own set and analyzed it to
find that the room + PA system boosts the bass frequencies quite a
lot. I could tell because I have trimmed my laptop based live rig
with reverse-mixing technique and know fairly well what frequencies
it sends out.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)