Was: Lex Jam, 1st real post

van Sinn,

This is my first real post in here (kindly overlook the brief review of Fripp's recent appearance in Fall River if you aren't a fan of the man ... ) and am posting because I feel your pain.

I, too, have a Lexicon Jamman with the 32 sec upgrade. But I have yet to find it as useful as the rest of my rig, which consists of the following (in signal sequence):

Godin xtSA guitar (using all 3 outputs, into the GR-20, for a full stereo signal) and Ebow
Roland GR-20
Lexicon Vortex
Lexicon Vortex
Lexicon Vortex
Lexicon MX200
Boss DD-20 GigaDelay
Boss DD-20 GigaDelay
...and then off to the mixer ...

I have another Vortex and a Lexicon 110 as "backups", along with a "retired" GR-1 that I will eventually figure out how to bring backinot the fold. Over the past two years, I have been experimenting with using expression pedals and various A/B switching pedalson the Vortexes, I think with some modest success.

The Vortex mania I lay squarely at the feet of Andy Butler, all the more so after I found out how much an Echoplex would cost me. (*grin ... just kidding, Andy! I heard/played one at my friend Darrell Burgan's studio, he of http://www.stillstream.com -fame and it was downhill from there! When your spouse says "You need one of those" do you argue?)

Some recent examples can be heard over here:

http://aldo.angrek.com/audio/

...and yes, "Lexiconian Lament" is meant to be a little tongue in cheek ... I'd just had a Vortex die on me and was scrambling to locate another one for a performance ...

Best,

Dennis