moogs, st germain and new music

One of the main reasons I got into looping was to make the kind of music St Germain does (I have no idea if that name resonates with anyone here, but I am rather curious). Saint Germain is one of the first downtempo DJs to arrive on the scene a decade ago when they were still calling it NUJaz.  But leave that aside a minute …….

There is a growing number of people out there interested in making electronica style music and, of course, this is quite difficult as a band (mostly because everyone gets extremely bored playing the same line over and over and over and over ……).  Of course, there are those that manage quite well ….. sound tribe sector nine for instance (often, just STS9) …. which are often referred to as livetronica music, for obvious reasons …… I wonder if this is a growing genre ?  …. So far there seesm to be only a handful of bands out there like that (www.livetronica.com).

Loop pedals, for me have the ability to bridge the gap and allow for more diverse and interesting livetronica combos …..

Anyway, most of you are already familiar with my music … but I came up with this new one earlier …. Mainly influenced by Saint Germain (noted above) … and just had to share it ….

www.aaronleese.com/navarre.mp3

Oh the moog …. Yeah, I was also playing with the moog setting on my keyboard today and ended up in a wonderful (ambient, dark) place …. Ha.  So I get the feeling Per doesn’t  believe me when I tell him I like ambient music as well (sometimes) …… so Per, I promise to get a few unsynced loops going and experiment with the moog tomorrow ….. like a homework assignment …… and I’ll see what I can come up with ….. but I expect you to let me know when I sent it to yah.  Ha.

Hope all is well out there in the ether.

AL

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.