Gordius Little Giant Update + EDP and latency

Sorry it's been a long break since the "first impression" mail.

I've not got to use the LG4 ( Gordius Little Giant standalone unit with
4 exp inputs) for
serious looping yet.

I've been all through the manual, and  mastered the programming,
and sent Xavier some bug reports to fix,
 so I can certainly say that this is a very powerful controller.

The switches are very high quality, and respond well, and can be
programmed to do anything you'd like on press and on release.
The expression pedal inputs allow you to send a very detailed stream of
CCs ( or more than one stream if you like),
much better definition than the fcb1010

Xavier also promises to make it even more loop friendly.

..but right now there's a little hitch,
I did some latency measurements.

I close miced (sp? miked?) the switches and recorded the sound to one
channel of a stereo file, then recorded the EDP (echoplex) output on the
other channel.
This allows me to view the waveforms of the 2 channels together with
Audition and get a reall accurate measurement of the delay from hitting
the switch to the start of the sample.

Here's the results

FC7 (edp hardware pedal ) 4mS
fcb1010 to edp                   5ms
Gordius LG4 to edp                       70mS

I'd guess it's the same for other Gordius products ( which have pretty
much identical software).

Obviously I've let Xavier know about this, and straight away he's saying
that 70mS is unacceptable , and that he'll be working on this over this
weekend.

Hopefully he can sort this out, he seems confident.
...and even promises a special "low latency patch mode" if this is needed.

anyway, that's why there haven't been any mp3s of amazing EDP tricks
with the new controller yet.

Will keep you all informed.

andy butler