Re: RC-50 and Speed Control

The Boomerange website says that it's scheduled for December 2007
release, for what that's worth.

On the other hand, it has no MIDI.  It does have some DIN-6 connectors
for syncing to other Boomerange III pedals.

Description from the Boomerang website:

******
"This powerful pedal continues the Boomerang tradition of a simple
user interface but adds many new features customers have requested. It
records in true stereo (or mono) with 6 independent loops that can be
played sequentially (verse/chorus/bridge) or simultaneously. In the
latter mode the loops may be synched or played independently.

 After the primary loop is recorded, there are 3 additional layers
that can be recorded. The layers can be silenced, played or
re-recorded. Additional material may be stacked on (added to) any of
the layers. This provides a multilevel undo/redo capability.

 The user can assign a number of interesting and useful functions to a
"Bonus" button. We anticipate having the following functions, and
possibly more: loop extend, loop copy, octave down effect (for bass
line creation), metronome with loop quantize, reverse playback,
reverse lead live, auto fade out and layer merging (combining all
layers to free up memory).

 There are two sample rates, 48 and 24 kHz; sample width is 20 bits
and no compression is used. This provides up to 18 1/2 minutes of
recording in mono.

 A pedal linking system is provided so multiple units may be synched.
As with our earlier models there will be no MIDI or USB connectivity,
and no permanent storage of loops.

 There are four 1/4" phone jacks for true stereo operation. However
when used in mono mode the output jacks can function in a variety of
ways:
 1) Instrument & loop out Left, nothing out Right
 2) Instrument & loop out Left, loop only out Right
 3) Instrument only out Left, loop only out Right

 The Boomerang(R) III chassis is the same wedge shape as the original
but smaller. It's footprint is 5 7/8" (front to back) by 9 3/8" (side
to side); it's 2 1/8" tall and weighs 2 lb. 11 oz.

 We will insure that the pedal is easy to operate and as intuitive as
the current one, but it will be deeper if you want to explore the new
features."