Re: Scripting/Command Chaining in the Max/MSP Kaiser Looper

Back to this, and Per's ideas below.  With exception of sync, which I
don't
do, I can do this stuff in max, but I approach the problem differently. I
may need Jeff Larson to chime in here. With Mobius, I do recall doing
things
like hitting half speed, overdubbing, and then when I played back the
overdub, it would be in double-speed...and I did all sorts of scripts in
Mobius that did this in various combos, etc.  I am not sure what is going
on
with buffers in Mobius when this happens. I take it a new buffer is
created
when a new overdub track is created?  With my max looper, what I would do
achieve the same result as overdubbing in half-speed and then having that
overdub play back in double-speed, is to simply start recording a new
track
(creates a new buffer), and then when I play that track back, it have
double-speed kick in at the sam time. Or, if I want to do somethign like
Bass Dots below, I would simply record a new track (buffer) and apply a
chain in commands in max that do whatever pitch shifting I want in
rhythmic
fashion.  The thing with my approach is that I don't have to hear my first
track playing in half speed while I record a new buffer that will paly
back
with varying pitch cycles.

So....Jeff, can you explain what happens with the buffers in Mobius when
you
hit half speed before overdubbing, overdub, and then playback in
double-speed.  Doesn't everything essentially require a new buffer? In
max,
this is just out in the open for me to see and manipulate.

Kris