Re: Chinapainting article

Chuck NinJam is an open-source (meaning freely shared via the Net)
software for both Mac and Windows computers which allows you to
send/receive audio real-time via an Internet host server to another
person or persons that you would do music with.  There is a small
amount of delay in the process but it's easily adjusted to after a few
minutes into your interactive session.  My music partner in
Chinapainting, Daryl Shawn, and I have collaborated for over a year
via NinJam.  He lives in Mexico and I in New York.

To get NinJam, goto www.ninjam.com and click on the Download menu at
top of the home page.  From there choose either the Mac or Windows
client download.

The installation is straightforward and once installed go into Ninjam
Preferences and set your audio system input/output.  That's about it.

On the NinJam site there are 4 or 5 public hosts you can connect to.
We connect to a private host that may be available in addition.
Contact CPR via this list re that.  When you use one of the public NJ
servers by the way you can turn down others that are in the virtual
room if you are interacting with someone specific, meaning just
because there's more than yourself and whoever you might be
interacting  with, turning  down the others will allow you to keep the
session "private" to just your session I  believe.

Hope this helps, it's a wonderful Internet tool that has totally made
our project possible as the article reflects.

Jim Goodin
www.chinapaintingmusic.com

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com