Re: Scripting/Command Chaining in the Max/MSP Kaiser Looper

> On 13 nov 2007, at 17.58, Jeff Larson wrote:
>> One subtlety with Per's script that you may be missing is that it
>> doesn't just pitch shift, it is doing rate shifting and overdubbing
>> (or rather substituting) at the same time.

I was afraid of that. I don't have rate shift in my Kaiser Looper yet. It
can
be done, but just hasn't been a priority for me to add it.

>> I don't know how Kaiser looper works, but many software loopers do
>> "overdubs" just by creating an autonomous parallel loop (what
>> Mobius would call a track).  This has some nice properties but
>> it can be hard to control all of the tracks at the same time
>> to achieve something similar to what EDP/Mobius call "layers".

When you say parallel loop, do you mean a new buffer?   When
Mobius overdubs, isn't it just creating a new buffer along side the
first one? I take it it is not replacing the original buffer and creating
a new one with both old and new material, otherwise you would not
be able to undo. You are just creating a new buffer that is synced
to the first one, all in the track, right? It was my understanding that
all looper operated under this restriction of buffers. You creat one,
and then you either replace it or add another one next to it. Or
are you saying you can actually modify the content of the exact same
buffer you started with in the first recording? I know we are getting
technical here.

Kris