RE: Scripting/Command Chaining in the Max/MSP Kaiser Looper

> KH: Aren't we just talking about different ways to manage buffers?
>Wouldn't
> a software phrase sampler that creates autonomous parallel loops just be
> limitation of the programmer and how he/she manages the buffers,
> rather than an inherent difference in the underlying architecture?

Yes, it all boils down to buffer management, but I consider this
management as part of the underlying architecture.  If we're just
talking about the memory architecture then yes they're the same, it's
just buffers of floating point numbers.  But the overall software
architecture between something like Mobius and a typical
phrase sampler would be quite different.  Infinite layer history
isn't something you would tack on late in the design, it has implications
for other levels of the system, all the way up to the UI.

Jeff