Re: computers suck creative energy

10 + years ago....
But, apart what he says.... Eno has always work with computers (also) ...
Did you know the generative software he has used, called KOAN ?
It's very complicated ! A lot of time tolearn how it works and a lot of
time
to build your set-up.....
But Eno (of whom i'm a sincere fan from a long time) "IS" into
business...So
all that time spent to learn and work with a new software is compensate
....in some way (by Koan and by the fact that it was the "inventor" of the
generative music).
By the way,  I'm really interesting to know what hw and sf he's using
today...

Surely softwares spread a lot of new possibilities and every day ther's
something new, an upgrade, a new plugin a patch that "surely" is usefull.
But the first and final question is: what do i need to make the music i
want
to create ?
Let me say my personal experience about this.
I didnt' buy a new keyboards from 10 years or so. I preferred to work on
my
own sounds, totally reprogramming those i "really" use (no those one that
are cool, but doesn't integrate with my music) and i don't feel like i'm
missing something...
I have just buy a (easy usable) Kaoss Pad II for processing the sound
before
the loop.
After a year or so using Mobius on my PC and on a Macbook, I can say that
feel good. I started with a basic set-up, adding "step by step" new midi
commands or scripts that i "really" find usefull. Apart the first latency
troubles i've never had serious problems that took me a lot of time to
spent
to work to.
For a little time, i've run Mobius as a VST in Energy and...surely...it
opens new possibilities (as Bidule, Usine or Audiomulch), but at a certain
time i had turn to ask myself: "do you really need this VST host, with a
lot
of (cool) new possibilities".
The answer is: no !
The machine is just a medium, and i prefer to spent my time concentrating
the music flux...
At the present (as it was at the Y2K7) i have just to power on my gear
(keyboard, KPII, FCB1010 and the laptop) and simply play music.
Do i miss something ?

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com