AW: Need your input on the Rang III

Michael said:
> Just to clarify things... what do you mean by track panning?
> [A] Balancing your _input_ signal before it goes into the
> loop [B] Panning the tracks to position them in the _output_
> signal Both are possible and sensible, but [A] seems to be
> much more valuable.

Thanks for that question, Michael! As you said, both are sensible, but
which
one is more valuable depends a lot on the looper you're using, on the
signal
sources you're using and on the looping style you're doing.

I'd like to give two radical examples for where only A and only B makes
sense:

For A: consider a looper with a single stereo track. Chances are that you
wouldn't want to pan/balance the output signal that much, but you will most
likely want to pan the input signal.

For B: consider a looper with several stereo tracks (e.g. Repeater in
fourtrack mode). Here, you'd never want to pan the input signal, but
panning
the output signal for each track separately is very important.
This was the use case I was thinking about when writing my email; quoting
from it: "Individual track panning, if the looper has more than one track
AND stereo output"

The lack of the "A" panning is something I'm missing in Mobius (but as I
use
it as a plugin, I could work around that by using a VST plugin that Os did
for me - thanks again, Os!)

        Rainer