Re: OT: Mini Jazz Guitar for Looping

Haven't a/b'd them myself but paying for the "name" is probably a large part of the price difference.  Still like the Armstrong's for the adjustable pole pieces - more flexible in matching different string types and evening out the discrepancies between the wound and unwound strings. - paul

On Nov 23, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

Yup, I've used those before...nice sounding. I wonder what the difference is between the Benedetto and Kent floating pickups. The Bene's are quite a bit more expensive than the Kent's.

Kris

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Mini Jazz Guitar for Looping

Kris;
Sounds cool.  FWIW You might consider a Kent Armstrong pickup (not the crappy Korean made ones but a "real" one) with adjustable pole pieces - i usually get them from << archtop.com >>.  It would give you more flexibility on string selection (nickel vs bronze wound) and more options on dialing in the tone, given the smaller body size.  Just a thought. - Paul