Re: Boss RC50 assignable outputs

Thanks, Buzap, that's really helpful. I'll try that and I think I might also try line selctors on both instrument and mic, and send them either to the RC50 or as a 'clean' signal to the front of house. Then use a third signal for the RC50.

Thanks again,

Stuart

Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi Stuart

the RC-50 has 2 Main Outputs + 2 Aux Outputs. I have used them in different ways in the past:

1.) Link the Aux Outputs with the Aux Inputs (Adapter cable)
This is my standard setting. I use this for feedback/multiply like tricks.

2.) You are more flexible when you route the Aux Outs back as a stereo channel in a mixer. Then, you can i.e. send the Aux Outs to an effect box and loop the wet signal.
I.e. you can put the bass line on a PHRASE (loop) and route it through Aux Out. Then you can run it through a Phaser/Filter and modify the sound...

3.) I have used the RC-50 with four different speakers in four corners. You can play the sound in various positions, i.e. the four corners are:
- Main Hard Left/Hard Right
- Aux Hard Left/Hard Right
The four "centers" are:
- Main L/R center
- Main+Aux Hard Left/Right
- Aux L/R center

So, the last option 3.) would be something you could use with your setting. There are two possiblities.

A.) Looping in Multi-mode:
- Make sure you are in Multi-mode
- Make sure Rhythm Knob is turned off
- Make sure All Phrases have Tempo Sync activated
- You probably want to turn off Loop Sync
- Plug your Guitar to Instrument Input Left
- Send PHRASE 1 Output to Main Out
- Connect your Guitar Amp to Main Out Left
- Plug your Mic to Mic Input
- Send PHRASE 2 Output to Aux Out
- Connect your PA with the Aux Output
You should make sure to
- Send PHRASE 2 Output to
Now you can loop your Guitar on PHRASE 1 and your Mic on PHRASE 2. For PHRASE 3, you can assign Guitar/Mic, however you like.

B.) Looping in Single-mode (Mono only!):
- Make sure Recording Mode is Stereo (yes, stereo ;-)
- Make sure you are in Single-mode
- Make sure Rhyhtm Knob is turned off
- Make sure All three Phrases have Tempo Sync turned off
- You can decide if all your loops should have same length (Loop Sync)
- Plug your Guitar to Instument Input Left
- Use a Preamp on your Mic (i.e. small Art Tube Preamp)
- Send preamped Mic signal to Instrument Input Right
(NOTE: I don't know if you can pan the Microphone Input actually???... I've never used it - if you can Pan Mic to hard right, you can skip the preamp)
- Connect your Guitar Amp to Main Out Left
- Connect your Main Out Right to your Mixer/PA
This is the most care-free configuration. Because you can use/combine guitar/mic on any loop without worrying about the signal.

Have fun!
Buzap