Re: bozzio

Daryl Shawn wrote:
> My favorite playing of his is with the loop-heavy David Torn record
> "Polytown", with the bassist Mick Karn. All those different cymbal
> colors, pitched toms, etc., is really well suited for that trio.
> Karn's playing has that indefinite "world/middle-eastern" kind of
> feel, and Torn often goes that way too, which fits in great with
> Bozzio's instrument(s). I listen to it all the time.

When I heard those guys, they were called the Mark Isham
Group. At least I think they were. I'm pretty sure this was pre-
Polytown.

I saw them at the Bottom Line. My memory is a tad bit dusty...
It was real cool to sit right in front of Bozzio and see him drool.

I saw him with El Becko a few years ago too.

--
* David Beardsley
* microtonal guitar