Re: Amp/P.A. Recommendation

I've been doing an acoustic gig for the past four-five months using a JBL
Eon as a monitor. It kicks major butt. I love it to death. It is so
powerful
yet neutral, it's what I wish the USA was. I just turned 54, I've been
playing all kinds of gigs all my life, and these are the best speakers I've
played through. (The venue owns the PA system, by the way. They actually
put
some serious money into a good sound system!)

I've heard Mackie SRM450s on a couple of occasions, and thought they were
really pretty good, but a bit "woofy" in the low mids - I had the
impression
I was hearing the plastic housing resonate in a funny way. The JBL Eons
don't have that. They feel like a brick in the low end. I'm buying a pair
as
soon as I can afford them. (Although I am very intrigued by the RCF310a
speakers that Luis posted about....)

Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
www.thecoyote.org
coyotelk@optonline.net

"The volume knob on your telepathy is your morality."
- Stephen Gaskin, The Farm