From: "L.A. Angulo" <labaloops@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: Amp/P.A. Recommendation

Thats interesting ive played with the 450s for years
and i always thought they sounded too brittle and
hissy but that is just my opinion.I also found them a
bit heavy to carry,this is why i recently opted for
the RCFs,they are only 300 watts with a 10" but they
sound big have a nice spread out sound and weight a
lot less,and i am also thinking of adding the Db
technologies sub 15 subwoofer for that nice thump.I
dont know how it is in the states but here people are
very sensitive to loudness(except for the church bells
beer festivals and carnavals offocurse)sometimes they
even start asking if its going to be too loud before
you even start playing!so this is what made me choose
this speakers,i mean how loud do we need it or whats a
nice and loud level for 300 to 400 hundred people
venues or pubs which wont be sending people out the
door calling the cops?has this been mesured or anybody
has a link? and bigger venues often have their own
sound systems anyway so why kill my back!
cheers
Luis

> I am happy with the SRM-450's however I will add
> that I apply EQ to my
> mixes to compensate for a loss of brightness.  In
> general, when moving
> away from a speaker the high end drops off faster
> than the low end.
> For example, a speaker may sound overly-bright from
> 3 feet away but
> may sound just fine from 20 feet away.
>
> One of my goals when doing my own sound is to find a
> way to produce
> loud passages without hurting the listener's ears.
> Sometimes, a
> two-channel setup will blast out people seated in
> the speakers' hot
> spots.  To spread out the sound over multiple
> channels helps to
> prevent the "blast" effect.  (Incidentally, I play a
> digital organ the
> sound of which is spread out over 12 main, 4 sub,
> and 4 room-modelling
> channels.  Have never gotten any complaints about if
> being overly
> loud, even when I crank it up!)
>
> The SWA1501s are real sub woofers that are very
> even.  Some of the
> cheap subs will resonate at a set frequency -- ok
> for car crash and
> explosion sounds but kind of boomy and non-descript
> for music.
>
> Incidentally, I have never gotten complaints about
> my setup with all
> the Mackie speakers.  I don't really push them too
> hard, admittedly.
>
> A few months back, I played an outdoor art fair and
> the provided
> system used the JBL Eons.  I couldn't really hear
> them from my
> position on the stage however they seemed to work
> well.
> Unfortunately, the system didn't have a sub -- which
> deprived the
> listeners of some of the lowest notes.  However, I
> was the only one
> who knew about the missing notes.  :)     All the
> other acts from that
> stage were mic'd acoustical instruments -- and the
> Eon's worked fine
> for that application.
>
> I have also played through and heard others play
> through the Bose PAS.
>   Awesome system.  I don't use the Bose because to
> do surround sound
> (even stereo) with them is too pricey for me.  If
> you can get by with
> a mono mix then the Bose is an excellent system.
>
> -- Kevin

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.