RE: 'slow gear' effect

I imagine it could be built in Reaktor, but I wouldn’t have the time to figure it out

-Qua

From: Jon Southwood [mailto:jsouthwood@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 7:21 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: 'slow gear' effect

Thinking back to when I had an SE-70, and given your description of the effect, it was probably a Slow Gear feeding the Mod Delay (with very slight modulation for the chorusing and feedback set for the desired amount of 'sustain') and likely with Reverb (especially if it was a preset; I seem to remember every preset having enough reverb to make sure you knew it was on there and working!).

As to software, I don't know of any single plug-in that would take care of all of it, but I imagine the chain could be built in something like Audiomulch, Bidule, Reaktor, Pd, or Max with varying degrees of difficulty.

I've got a patch on my Vortex (pretty sure I stole it from Andy Butler's Vortex pages) that does an incredibly rich version of this effect, but uses an expression pedal for the swells rather than an actual slow gear effect.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jon