RE: 'slow gear' effect

I have an original, which only works when it feels like it these days.

luckily I also have se50 & se70 boxes.... I know what qua is referring to, though- the original slow-gear was just a simple auto-volume pedal, & could be used to great effect on fretless bass & so on.

but the same effect in an se70 could be followed by a bit of chorus, vibrato, reverb, even mild pitch-shifting, for a much lusher effect. I have a vague memory that the se70 had a factory-preset called "slow-gear" with some of this other guff already added.

I am absolutely baffled by boss' continued reluctance to re-issue or update this little gem. perhaps the behringer knock-off is the kick they need.
btw, I paid £25 for my original, in denmark street in 1983.

duncan.