Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Hey thank you for saying thank you Bro!  I forgot to type in one very
important element in piezo
functioning correctly.  The bottom of the slot and or where the nut is
seated must be perfectly
flat!!!  We often reroute the saddle slots after plugging them with as
perfect as we can make
piece of rosewood or ebony depending on the bridge species of wood used.
If a consideration is
taken into order of Larrys experiences here.  Was the piezo the same size
as the bottom of the nut
and was all the previous dried glue or wood splinters re planed even and
level?  Utmost importance
and will even make the new thinner and more flexible piezos like the
B-Band work much better and
more efficiently.  Mr. Mcintyre (acoustic feather) demonstrated to me that
he has to use a special
epoxy that transfers electricity to and from his element piezos.  I am
still unclear on exactly
how they function, it is not traditional pressure sensitive principles.  I
need to research this
further.  Mass is certainly something that can be taken into consideration
as well.  Is your
fretboard rosewood or ebony?  What kind of wood is the body and neck made
of.  We can go deeper
but basics are necessary at preventing future unneeded costly findings...
Rick Turner did want me
to come to work for him.... you may ask yourself so why am I not working
for him or Ibanez custom
shop in Hollywood???  Life often gets in the way frequently.  When we
really believe what is right
for us, we are often "derailed" so to speak?  We must believe it is for
the better and greater
good for the time presently. I am learning more every day despite my
expertise and experience I am
still limited in other ways.
 Thank You Again, Daniel T. Albertini (Albertini "Custom" Guitar Works)
--- Daryl Shawn <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:

> Fascinating stuff...thanks, Dan!
>
> I did actually hear back from Larry Cooperman, who had installed an
> under-nut pickup in an electric. He wasn't very happy with the results,
> saying that the signal was weak and uneven, with the treble strings
> having very little output. He said he also tried it in bass and found
> much better results there, though. Also, in the guitar, the signal that
> it did put out was useful for blending into the regular signal for an
> additional bit of high-end brilliance, but on its own just wasn't worth
> the bother.
>
> I think that rather than going through the expense of redoing the nut
> and potentially not being happy with what I end up with, I'm going to
> try a cheap piezo up on the headstock (I'll check out allelectronics,
> thanks Bill). I gotta check out the recommended Zappa track too,
> Chris...once again, thanks to everyone!
>
> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com
> > Piezos were originally discovered when
> > Oriental acupuncturists found a squared quartz crystal was producing
>too high and painful
> > electrical offcharge...

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.