RE:slow gear

Has any one mentioned the Line 6 DL-4?  If so, sorry for being redundant.
What I like about the Auto volume echo patch on the DL-4, is that it not
only has a variable slow gear effect, it also has a variable delay on top
of
that, one example of how this could be used is to vary the delay's depth,
and regeneration to increase the sustain time of the swelled content,
completely independent of the swells slope rate. On my DL-4 I always use an
expression pedal, and I have the heel down position set for my favorite
swell rate, and minimal delay depth and regeneration, and the toe down
position set for the same swell rate with deeper delay depth and longer
regeneration, so volume swelled chords or melodies seem to linger in space
longer after the guitar string vibration begins to subside. This
application
has taken the place of my guitar synth for string pad sounds, as I think it
sounds more natural and achieves the same purpose.
 Bill