AW: DD-20 micro delays

Thanks, Michael for that interesting info on the DD20. I truly believe the
DD20 does a lot more than the people at Boss intended it to do ;).

I also discovered the self-oscillation trick myself some time ago, however
your second discovery was news to me:

> [2] Vocoder/Ring Modulation
> It seems  the delay acts like a filter bank  amplifying all
> harmonics of a given frequency, which depends on the actual
> delay time.

This will also work in the other delay modes, and is no surprise: A filter
is actually nothing else than a (very short, in our terms) delay mixed with
the original signal and sometimes fed back. You can also try that in e.g.
standard mode with very short (e.g. 1-3ms) delay time. And if you use it
with the modulation delay, you got yourself a phaser. However, the effect
in
reverse mode is by far more pronounced and strange and for that reason
alone
is a keeper!

Another thing I noticed is then using "time advance" (holding down and
turning the time knob). While I was already familiar with weird artifacts
you could create when doing that with some delay contents present e.g. in
smooth mode, starting from the "reverse vocoder", turning feedback to 100%
and then increasing the time will give strange volume swells, gating
effects
and whatnot. Beautiful!

        Rainer