Re: Stereo video from YK7 Loopfest Santa Cruz posted

On Dec 20, 2007 10:17 AM, L.A. Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey Reyn,can you explain how to download and encode a
video from youtube with flash,i suppose i would need
the program,right?
cheers
Luis

Hi, I just happened to see this post and thought it might speed things up if I can throw in an answer, although Luis is addressing Reyn here. Well, the answer is you can't. If a video is in mono on YouTube it will still be in mono if you download it, so if you convert it into Flash it will not magically become stereo. But what this is all about is when you are not downloading but rather creating a video. What Reyn is saying is that you should save it as a Flash file instead of Quicktime or whatever format you are working with. As far as I know you have to use the Flash application for doing that. Since I own the Logic Pro Studio I also have Compressor, but I'm not in a position right now to see if Compressor (OS X) can export Flash. When I made Flash cartoon movies in the past I was using Flash 4.0. Didn't Adobe buy Macromedia BTW? That means that you may probably get a good Flash support if you buy Adobes audio/sample editing application.... forgot the name now, but if you're interested you can easily find out. "Audition" maybe... anyway, it's known for being very good - kind of better than people think since it is still rather new and so far has been existing in the shadow of SoundForge, WaveLab and those kind.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)