Re: Vortex power supply - AC, but can take DC?

andy butler wrote:
> :-) Lexicon just gave me the link for download
>
> So, hopefully psu info,
> and a way round the encoder problem some time in 2008

Been working on it on/off for some time, just didn't feel like pushing
out [quite a few] half ideas.  I believe I have a solution (on paper)
which should work with a dedicated pedal over a two-wire serial
connection, while also allow interfacing with a midi to jack on/off
switcher, like my Sholtz Rockman Octopussy or a Rocktron switchbay.
I'll be fairly busy from mid january (Cisco examns), so don't expect
instant miracles..

The encoder isn't really that much a problem. For my uses, it's more
avoiding a multiwire cable, and be able to interface to a standard midi
switcher, as I need to use some presets with the rest of my setup.
Else I see myself using it more as a manually selected effects box.

A build-in midi ifc is a doable, but more complex design.
But really, if used mostly manually, it makes less sense, as a floor
controller with stomp action CC buttons would be needed.

I need the same with my ADA Pitchraq (pitch transposer). 4 pitches and
4-5 Vortex effects would take an extra controller. Price'n'floor space..

--
rgds,
van Sinn