Re: Battery-Powered Looper...?

At 6:02 PM -0800 12/22/07, tEd ® KiLLiAn wrote:
>Take a look at the Boss DD-20.

Thanks Ted.  I actually use the Boss DD-20, but
currently only for "delay line" looping.  It'd
completely slipped my mind that it has one
algorithm with "first loop" capability too.  (I
never end up using that one, however, because
it's pretty hard for me to hit the loop points,
IIRC).  Although I think you give up the feedback
control with that algo, don't you?  Hrm, gotta
check the manual....

The DD-20 may make it onto the pedalboard
regardless, since I've gotta find something
battery-powered to use in place of my favorite
Magicstomp chorus/delays for lush space effects.
Either that one or perhaps the new RE-20 Space
Echo re-release.

Also, I've got quite a bit of "back door"
manipulation type stuff that I've done with the
DD-20 (it really is a cool little box).  But I'm
trying to keep this board simple.  With the
little Boss unit I'm going to be mighty tempted
to make things too complex and let it get out of
hand again, like I have with almost every other
setup I've put together.  :P

Still, it just seems like there should be more
simple Loopers like this out there....

Thanks again for all the help!

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."