Re: Merry Christmas to all and all good things in 2008

I doubt it.  My deal that began in 1997 was initially I got my choice of strings at $2 a pack.  In 2000 out of my own initiative and dime I began doing clinic performances in Sam Ash stores with GHS as the product vendor.  I basically do a 1 to 1.5 hr performance, talk about guitar technique, give away string sets which in recent years has dewindled from 30 packs to 5 per clinic and additionally a couple of hats or t-shirts.  From that time to present I've gotten strings to free since I'm doing these performances.  I've tried for all that time to get more financial support but as their nat'l sales guy has continually echo'd there 'is not that much profit in strings'.  Though I do actually like them for fretted work and have felt somewhat supported I've scaled back on clinics until I can get preferablly a guitar vendor to really get behind me or some source that can make them doable.  I've done a bunch generally when I'm at NAMM (though not this year) or in my area here in NY and occasionally at a store near Nashville when I've been down there.

Point of all this is to echo a bit about my relationship with GHS and to say I would not look at them to outfit the whole list.  I'm happy to provide the contact of Artist Relationship guy there and you can introduce yourself.

All this said, last year from a NAMM contact I received a similiar offer from d'Addario whose fretless chrome strings I love and frankly GHS does not make a good fretless set that I find as good however I chose to not take d... 's deal as overall GHS is a good product and I've never been  into the idea of 'product jumping' unless it was really a strong serious offer.

Hope this helps.

Best

Jim

On Dec 26, 2007 4:01 PM, David Beardsley <db@biink.com> wrote:
Jim Goodin wrote:

> I'm a GHS Strings < http://www.ghsstrings.com/> and Seagull
> <http://www.seagullguitars.com/> endorser.

Can you get us free strings? Not just me...all of us.

--
* David Beardsley
* microtonal guitar

--