subs

 Stan ,I've heard your stuff at the loopfests-though always from outside ( i do want my ears to last a few more years), and I definately  dig what you're doing.I understand  field effects you can only get at high volume levels,as in the work of Glen Branca ,Hendrix of course ,who I heard live a few times, Sonic Youth.When i heard SY live I stayed as far away form the mains as I could physically get in the stadium w/ earplugs and it still hurt, but I really dug what they did (except the quotidian  4/4 rock drumming,but that's probably the only reference point for alot of their audience.  Phil Lesh of the grateful dead ( love'em or hate'em,I don't care, but they were sonic pioneers ) has done far more with subsonics than anyone else,playing through as many as 50, 15 in speakers,75k watts of power. and it was never painful.
  But in  these scenes I was bitching about,the sunsonic distortion is in conflict with the aesthetics of the music being played .

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Albert Einstein

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more