Re: Laptop live looping

>> On the software side, i've been listening to what Krispen Hartung and
>> Jeff
>> Kaiser are doing i feel very attracted towards MAX/MSP.

On that note, I highly recommend the Fireface 400 as well. I use Reaktor
in
addition to max/msp, and it took me three interfaces to get to the FW400.
It
beat everything hands down in terms of quality and reliability. Also, a
lot
of max/msp folks will recommend the FW400. In fact, a few max/msp guys
have
done tests with audio interfaces and max/msp, and the FW400 is the only
unit
that I know of in that price range or below that does not exhibit bleed
between audio channels. There is an acid test to show and demonstrate this
conclusively, and most of the other units fail.  I tried to cut corners
and
buy cheaper interfaces, but something always came back and bit me in each
instance.

> There is already a Max built looper available, Logelloop:
> http://logelloop.logellou.com/Home.html

Hmmm...I must have missed this. I'll check it out and compare to my custom
version of the Kaiser max looper. Good greif, the web designer needs to
change the text on that website. The features in bold italic orange are
almost impossible to read.  But it appears that it was only built in max,
but you can't run it in max. That sucks...totally useless to me that way.
would want the code.

> I've been using it a lot lately and like that it works well right
> away. If you later on get into building your own patches in Max you
> can easily add them to the Logelloop looper.

But do you have to convert your max patches into VST to run them in the
looper? That is very tedious.

Kris