Re: recent listening

Strangely (or not) not much looping material below:

That's What I Call Sweet Music
  (bits from R. Crumb's 78 collection)
The Devil's Music
  (Keith Richards' favorites compiled for Uncut magazine)
Apostrophe
  (Don't Eat the Yellow Snow is great Christmas music)
Remain in Light - Talking Heads
  (special CD/DVD-surround pair remastered by Harrison)
Speaking in Tongues - Talking Heads
  (another CD/surround DVD pair, made me hog the 5.1 player)
Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings
  (Columbia's is still the best of the bunch)
Diamond Dogs - Bowie
  (memories of that show at the Tower in Philly abound)
Heathen - Bowie
  (thoughts of home listening to "Everyone Says Hi")
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - Genesis
  (remastered, return of the subwoofer in "Back in NYC")
Sacred Songs - Daryl Hall
  (remastered release via DGM, oddly enough there's the sound of a vinyl
'pop' on it)
Harlem Jazz - 20s and 30s
  (collection including the greats incl Cab Calloway)

Been playing nylon strings on a guitar my wife played as a child.  Nothing
sounds quite like the vibrato-tremolo that one gets on nylon, and you can
really zamm it without killing your fingertips.  Much. :)

It's 2008.  Where the hell's my flying car?

Stephen Goodman
*
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack