Re: Hex Pickups {was: Re: OT: Check out the Robot Guitar!}

Mark Smart wrote:
> Bill, I believe the Anderton unit you are talking about is called the
> Quadrafuzz.
Absolutely and available from PAiA, too!
> I think hex distortion is pretty cool, too. Sounds like Queen. A while
> back we got into a discussion/argument about this on the jazz guitar
> newsgroup and I made some recordings with my Roland VG-8's hex fuzz to
> show how it sounds very different from regular fuzz:
> http://www.marksmart.net/sounddesign/guitarsounds/VG8/HexFuzz.html
I'd like to hear "#6. Tritone interval, using pedal to fade between
regular and hex distortion" with the hex part where each string goes
through its own speaker!  Six channel guitar must rule!  Each string
through its own Marshall stack!!!  (Yikes.)
> A useful tool for this kind of application is the RMC fanout box:
> http://www.rmcpickup.com/fanoutbox.html
I knew that someone would beat me to market on that idea!  Imagine each
string feeding its own looper!  :)

Cheers,

Bill