RE: Yamaha MFC10 and Electrix Repeater

> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:40:50 +1100
> Subject: Yamaha MFC10 and Electrix Repeater
> From: ronaldroy@aapt.net.au
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>

> I have a Yamaha MFC10 and an Electrix Repeater with the version 2
>software
> and wondered if anyone who also has this combination on has already set
>them
> up to talk to one another? Or more precisely with the MFC10 driving the
> Repeater. Would they send me the fruits of their labour?

> Cheers,
> Andrew

i found the mfc-10 had too much latency to use with the repeater (for
recording phrased loops) - i use the little digitech 3 button footswitch
for that, but mfc-10 can be used for loop manipulations that don't need to
be strictly in time.

the mfc-10 is a weird beast to program and the manual is most unhelpful,
so i will try and offer some tips here...

first, you need to set the repeater to the desired midi channel and grab
the manual so you can see which PC and CC numbers are used for each
function

the mfc-10 uses an alphanumeric system to define which midi command is
sent out on which channel

program changes are sent out between C0 and CF - the C denotes program
change. 0 is midi channel 1, 1 is midi channel 2, 2 is midi channel 3... F
is midi channel 16

so as an example, if the repeater is set to midi channel 1 and you want
your button to select track 1, then you would set up the mfc-10 like
this...

C0
7
0
127
toggle off

triggering reverse would be this..

C0
84
0
127
toggle on

if you want to use CC numbers instead of program change numbers, then use
b0-bF instead of C0-CF

hope that helps - unfortunately, i don't use my mfc-10 with my repeater
any more, as i bought a novation remote zero sl for more hands-on control
of my repeater and my looperlative, so i can't send you a sysex dump of my
settings...

sim

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx