Re: Sought after effect

The Alesis AirFX can do that too, sort of.
<http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=52>

Taking a pitchwheel from a synth won't really help you
with pitchbend, though, unless you then connect it to
some sort of pitchbending circuit. (ie. Whammy, Boss
PS-series, etc.)

Maybe one of your electronically-creative oriented
friends can find a source (Mouser, or someone like
that) for a spring-loaded, center detente wheel or
stick that you could mount in a small project case and
connect it to a pitchshift pedal's expression jack.

-t-

--- Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good thinking, but table space is a concern. What
> I'd really like to
> do is saw the pitch wheel off a synthesizer, and
> attach an input and
> output to it. Ah well, eventually I'll probably
> coerce one of my
> electronically-creative oriented friends into
> building me something
> like that.
>
> Right now I just got a Kaoss pad, which sort of has
> similar
> functionality on a few of its settings.
>
> Matt
>
> On Jan 23, 2008 4:54 AM, Bill Fox
> <billyfox@soundscapes.us> wrote:
> > Matt Davignon wrote:
> > > Can anybody tell me if this exists?
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a stand-alone version of a pitch
> wheel from a synth.
> > > It'd let me do expressive pitch bends on
> anything I plug into it, but
> > > snap back into place when I let it go. That's
> it.
> > >
> > > The closest thing I've found is the "Whammy"
> pedal - pretty close to
> > > what I need, but I'm looking for something
> hand-operated. Anyone?
> > >
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Could you use the pitch wheel on a synth and send
> its MIDI output to the
> > Whammy?  The manual says that MIDI can control the
> (virtual) pedal
> > position!  Wheeee!!!!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bill